Monday, November 27, 2006

Home Again!

I'm back from my trip to my sister's house in Connecticut. Even though I stayed five nights, the trip went by in a flash.
Eating, shopping. Shopping, eating.
Ah, the holidays...
We did manage to squeeze in a visit to the Newport Mansions, something I've been wanting to do but as of yet, haven't.
They were big, opulent and just a tad OTT.
Okay, a lot OTT. But I had to see them.
It was a fun day trip though. Sometime when there's more time to spare, I'd like to explore all the quaint shops of Newport.

We did Black Friday. Up at 5 something and out the door at 6am. We were not waiting outside for the doors to open.
As it was, I didn't find the lines too bad, and the stores seemed well stocked with whatever they had marked down.
Maybe it's the area, but I haven't seen any of the craziness you hear about there.
I have a few items left on my Christmas list, but then I'm done.

I'm a little frustrated at the state of my house though. We're still waiting for them to finish the bathrooms.
Until that's done, there's no point in even starting to bring out my Christmas decorations.
The house is just too dusty and dirty. Time is ticking. I'm going to be one unhappy camper if these bathrooms aren't finished soon!!!
Well, I was up at 4:30am this morning, so it's off to bed for me and my tired brain.

No news on the writing front.
Back to work tomorrow.

No comments: