Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What does the future hold now?

We're just hours over a major election here in Bermuda. The fight was a nasty one, the outcome pretty much expected.
Unfortunately I feel this morning that Bermuda has turned a corner and is spiraling downward.
I'm sorry to say I don't really care for politics. From what I've experienced in the past ten years, my country is going backwards, not forwards. I can only anticipate more of the same. But the majority has spoken.
Be careful what you wish for.
I'm fortunate not to have young children at this point in time. I'm sorry to say if I did, I'd be packing my bags.
I fear for the future of this island. I was born and raised here. It is my home. Yet I feel somehow unwelcome and not represented by those who claim to care for all Bermudians.
But I can rest in the knowledge that God is STILL in control.
I do not need to fear my future. I can rest in Him. I know He will take care of me and my family. And He will guide us
in decisions that need to be made.
For now, I suppose it's with a great deal of caution that I welcome in 2008.
I am greatly saddened that in such a time as this, racism still rears its ugly head here in Bermuda and appears to rule over wise decision making.
Hatred is spewed by those who have been elected to lead us. We have cast a vote in favor of immorality and corruption.
Soon I fear we will no longer be singing God save the Queen or God save anything...
God save us from ourselves.
God save Bermuda.

No comments: