Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Eat those words!!

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have written about running on empty.
I'm sick. I've been sick for a while. It goes like this.
I got a cold. Then a cough. The cold went away, but the cough stayed.
For four weeks. And now I have another cold. And I'm still coughing.
Feel sorry for me yet?
I'm sick of being sick. Fortunately, other than feeling like my nose is jammed
with concrete, I'm okay. The cough has loosened - so I have to assume all those
germs are getting ready to pack it up and move on, at some point.
In the meantime, anybody got any home made remedies???
I'm even drinking carrot juice. It's not half bad.
Please God, can this be over soon????

2 comments:

Christa Allan said...

My grandmother would squeeze lemon juice into a tablespoon of honey; dispense as needed.

Of course, she also used to tell me that walking with bare feet would make my feet wide, so you may want to factor that in...

Seriously, though, the honey was soothing.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Sorry to know you've been sick. It's summer, isn't it? So what's up with the lingering illness? I sure hope you are improving.

Glad to know you have a son my son's age. They do grow up way too fast. My baby is gone. Now he's almost as tall as his dad. Crazy. And he is able to apply for a driving permit.

Hope your writing is going well. I'd love to hear an update on you. I'm slow with mine. Put my shame book on hold to work with another writer, writing a book proposal for teen girls. Another passion of mine.

Get well soon.
Love,
Tiffany