Thursday, February 04, 2010

Stocktaking.

If you haven't realized it already, I'm a terribly un-organized person. Or is it disorganized? Is there a difference between unorganized and disorganized? I don't know. Actually, I don't really care.
Anyway, here I am on a Thursday again, and I haven't blogged in...a while.
Okay, let's move on.
So it is now February 2010. Wow. What do you think of that?
I think it's crazy. We're already a month gone into this new year.
I thought I might take this opportunity for a little self-examination, which I am sure thrills you all.
Okay, so far this year I have...
* Managed to make my bed almost every day. (This is big).
* Attempted to make dinner at least five nights out of seven. (This is bigger).
* I have taken the dog for a walk every day, except when it was raining too hard to go out.
* I have tried not to be a...well...the B word. Because I can be. I know it. I'm sorry. It's just that the sarcasm gets the better of me sometimes and bam! Yeah. Whatever. Send me chocolates. I'll be nice. (Send me wine and I'll be nicer).
* Gone out for lunch or coffee with a friend at least once a week. No, not the same friend. Why is this noteworthy? Well you see, last year was pretty much the pits all around, and I became a bit of hermit. Thankfully I still have friends, and I'm making more of an effort to invest in our relationships. Plus, I like going out to eat.
* I have said goodbye to my dog of fifteen years. Saddest day ever.
* I have kept up with my promise to read more. I finished The Help, by Kathryn Stockton, which was very enjoyable. Latest book I finished - Talking to the Dead, by Bonnie Grove. It was awesome. I am presently reading several books - What The Bayou Saw by Patti Lacy, Daisy Chain by Mary DeMuth, Unconventional by J.J. Hebert, and Scared, by Tom Davis. Sometimes, if a book is really good and the story grabs me, I'll read it without reading anything at the same time. Most times however, I pick a few at a time to download and get through. Sometimes I don't finish them. Other books on my iTouch waiting to be read are The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein, and Breaking the Rules, by Barbara Taylor Bradford.
* I have launched a new website.
* I have taken on the fun job of being an interviewer for ACFW and have already had one interview published online. My next is due at the end of February, so I need to get on that.
* I have received four full manuscript requests, two for Yesterday's Tomorrow, two for Hidden in the Heart.
* I have received five rejections for Hidden in the Heart, but two were very nice rejections and one editor said I was a 'cut above'.
* I have started a new manuscript. It's called The Carlisles - Reprisal. I'm hoping it will be a series. I'm fifty pages in, so far so good.
* I am still sane, still married, and for the most part, both my children are still talking to me.

Not too bad for a month, is it? I'm sure there is more, but those are the main things I'm happy with right now.
How about you? How is your year going so far?

No comments: