Wednesday, February 14, 2007

ShoutLife!

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of MySpace. I don't like the lewd sites, the weirdos and the lack of privacy, or too much privacy this online community offers our kids. I never joined myself for these reasons. But I've found a Christian alternative.
http://www.shoutlife.com
Sure you may say I'm just sticking my head in the sand and not wanting to be part of the real world.
Well, that may be. Sometimes the real world is ugly and I don't like it.
This seems a safer way to interact with an online community of like minded writers, artists and regular folk, without worrying about having to delete foul language or being exposed to things I don't want to see.
I'm trying it out for a while. We'll see how it goes.
You can find me at http://www.shoutlife.com/bermuda
I'll still be blogging here of course! Don't go anywhere!
But it's fun if you want to join.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I agree with you because of the following...I do not know much about myspace but one of my nieces comes here and goes there on my computer...I sure have to clean up a lot after she has been on. Not that she is necessarily going to the bad sites but my safety scans show all sorts of unpleasant things. I have taken to hiding my laptop upstairs and she rarely asks to go on my desktop. I think the office is too intimidating.

Donna J. Shepherd said...

I'm so glad to 'see' you over at Shoutlife. It's a great community.

Blessings,
Donna

Erica said...

I haven't been on myspace at all, I barely have time for blogger lately.
If you say its nasty, I'll take your word for it and stay away.
Who needs more crap?
Have you watched tv lately? Crap.
All crap.
I've taken to renting movies, at least then I know I'm in for and I don't have to watch annoying commercials.

(look at me! I sound like a religious old fuddy-duddy!)