Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Walking through Fire...but not alone.

Maybe God knew I would need this lesson today. No, I know He knew. It's only just dawned on me this minute...
Today, my extended American family and I, lost our precious Olivia.
She was just two months and a few days old.
God took her home to be with Him.
Is it okay for me to ask why? Can I say I do not understand this? I don't understand the pain her mother is going through.
The pain my sister is enduring, while carrying her daughter through this. I, far away and helpless to do anything but pray, cannot fathom it, the pain in my heart is but a drop in a vast ocean compared to what they are experiencing tonight.

I'm doing a study on Daniel. We learned again how Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thoown into the fiery furnace because they would not renounce God. Most men died at the mouth of the furnace. The fact that they even got in there was a miracle. But then, do you know what happened?
Suddenly, there were no longer three men in the furnace, but four.
And the fourth, 'looked like the son of the gods.' Interestingly enough, if you translate this original version, you get 'Son of Diety.'
Now Who would that be?
I have no doubt Jesus Christ Himself walked with those men through the fire, and He brought them out. And here's the cool part:
'the fire had no effect on the bodies of these men, nor was the hair of their head singed, nor were their trousers damaged, NOR HAD THE SMELL OF FIRE EVEN COME UPON THEM.' Daniel 3:27

Is God with my family right now, in the midst of this fire?
Yes.
Is Jesus Himself walking them through it?
Yes.

But oh, Lord, it's hard.
But we're not alone.
Let us come out unscathed, and not smelling like smoke.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I can not even begin to image what pain Olivia's mother must be feeling.
I am so sorry for the loss for you and your family.

I echo your prayers for your family.

Paula said...

I saw this on the prayer loop and have been praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry for this huge loss.

As you probably read on my blog where you commented, I'm SO thankful we can be angry at God and that He doesn't reject us for it, but understands, can handle it, and keeps loving us back to Himself.

Praying He will comfort all of you.