Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm Off to the Conference!

I leave on Wednesday for the American Christian Writer's Conference in Dallas!
Last year Stephen went along with me, but this year I'm flying solo. As I've probably
mentioned, I'm not a great fliyer - so I'm not looking forward to that part of it.
However, I'm so excited to be going to the conference I'm hoping that will
take my mind of the flights!
I have two appointments at which I will be chatting with an editor and an
agent about my new book, Yesterday's Tomorrow.
While I am not being overly confident, I am hopeful that God will lead
me to somebody who would like to take a look at this book.
It's been a long time in coming, and I know I may still need to find much patience...
The conference isn't really about getting published, but it does provide opportunities
to knock on doors I might otherwise not be able to.
I would appreciate your prayers for safe travel, as well as for my time at the conference, and
also for Stephen and Chris who will be survivng on their own for six days!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate flying, too, so I feel your pain. I'm praying for both of us to have a wonderful flight and a productive conference.

Donna J. Shepherd said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear your report.