Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'm Back - Did you miss me?

Well, after struggling with dial-up at the cottage in Canada, I eventually gave up and decided to forego blogging for the summer. But now fall is here, and we are home, and real life begins again!
We dropped Sarah off to her university on Saturday. I must confess that it was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
Even though I know she's excited, I know it's a wonderful new phase in her life, it was heartbreaking for me.
I really felt as though I was losing my baby. And in a way, I am.
She's off and running, out in to the big bad world, and no longer under our roof.
Letting go is a pretty painful process.
I'm so thankful she has Jesus watching over her.
I'm even more thanful that she knows it.

Okay, before I get all teary again, I'll stop.
I'm off to the ACFW conference in less than two weeks! I am very excited and pray God will
provide amazing opportunities and experiences for all of us there.

And I finally gave in and purchased a digital camera over the summer, so I will be posting pictures in the near future.

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I did miss you. I've been checking my bloglines reader for an update. Glad you're back, and I hope I run into you at the ACFW conference.

Erica said...

Yes I did miss you as a matter of fact.
Look forward to the pictures.

Rebecca said...

Yes, the letting go is really hard, but the arrival back into your life in a new way is really fantastic...so keep looking forward!

Vicki said...

I've wondered what happened to you....blessings on your weekend.

Trudy said...

Hello there
As you might know Yvonne moved away as well. So I know how you feel. A new phase in our lives right?
I just came back from visiting them in Ottawa.That is a beautiful city. We took pictures which we posted on our blogs, at least a few of them.
Knowing that God directs them is a very consoling thought.
Trudy