Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Out of Control!

Do you ever have one of those days when you pull yourself up short and say,
"What is the world coming to?"
I'm noticing I'm having a lot of those moments lately.
It started with the introduction of the first pregnant 'man.'
Then I began to explore what "A New Earth" was all about. Oprah again.
In Bermuda, our roads have become killing fields. Five road accident related deaths in the last week alone.
Our esteemed Government here at home has taken it upon themselves to remove The Queen's Birthday from
our calendar. It will no longer be a public holiday even though we are STILL a British colony.
And no, I'm sure they did not ask her Majesty's permission.
From where I'm sitting, it feels as though the world is spinning out of control.
I'm so grateful I know the One who IS in control.
I need to keep my eyes fixed on HIm. He is the only One who can fix this broken world.
He is our anchor.
He cannot be shaken.
Nor should we be. But because we are human, sometimes we do get scared.
Isn't it a comfort to know we can run into our loving Father's arms and hear Him say,
"Fear not." and "I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Praise Him today for His faithfulness.

1 comment:

Brenda Susan said...

This was beautifully written. If we were given the chance to just grab ONE truth from the Bible..."Fear not" is totally life-changing. I am living proof that learning to shut off the "fear voice" is learning to really live at last! :) Thanx for writing!