Sunday, May 04, 2008

Take Time To Breathe...

Life has a way of veering off course without permission.

I really like that line. Not just because I wrote it, but because it's so true.
Don't we all make plans, filling our days with tasks, setting goals, mapping out time. And then one day something
happens and it all comes to a screeching halt, or worse. Sometimes life comes crashing down around you.
Most times you don't get any warning. No alarm bells go off, no deep voice booms overhead in warning saying,
"This life will self-destruct in sixty seconds."
It just...happens.
I remember the day my sister called to tell me that my two-month old great niece had passed away.
I'd just come home from Bible study where I'd been showing pictures of me holding her just two weeks prior.
None of us saw that coming. There was no preparing for that kind of grief, no handbook on how to deal with it, live with it or get over it.
I remember the day my dad came over to tell us mom's last check-up hadn't brought good news. About a year later she was gone.
I just heard this week of some friends in South Africa, both taken terribly ill and hospitalized at the same time, and both have passed away within days of each other. How do their son and daughter and grandchildren prepare for that kind of shock?
And where is God in the midst of all this tragedy?
Right there with us, as close as we'll allow HIm to get.

This is a video I found on You Tube. It's not the official Casting Crowns video, I can't find that one, but it's pretty good.
This song has really been speaking to me lately. I hope it blesses you.

No comments: