Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Letting Go...

Hmm. Moving On, Letting Go, am I the only one sensing a theme here?
So you may recall that we're building a house. Well, we're scheduled to move in early March or April, depending on whether
the construction stays on track as it has been. I'm thinking I should have started planning this move last year.
I've always argued with my hubby when he tells me I have too many pairs of shoes. In the next breath he says clean up that closet, we can't even see the floor, how's that going to look when we put the house on the market?
Well, it's going to look like I'm the complete slob that I am, but okay, I see the point. So I resolved to make some effort toward
keeping things tidy. I bought a shoe bag. You know, one of those hanging things that you put shoes in?
Yeah. It holds twelve pairs of shoes. I doubled up sandals and a couple of evening shoes and...yeah.
Drat.
I have too many pairs of shoes.
Granted, I have shoes I have not worn in ten years. They look okay. I might wear them again someday.
Know what I mean?
I....can't....throw.....aaaaack.....things away.
Am I a hoarder? Do I need therapy? Can I go on TLC and have the entire world look at me hanging on to all my clutter like the universe will plummet into the black hole if I let go?
This is very sad. I'm not sure what to do. I can't even begin to tackle my clothes. Throwing out the shoes was bad enough.
Yes, I did throw some out. The ones with holes in 'em.
I definitely have issues. I wonder if the fact that I bawl like a baby every time I have to say goodbye to my daughter when she goes back to college is related to the fact that I cannot throw things out? Am I incapable of letting go of anything?
Is there a cure?
I need to fix this fast because I'm afraid I will come home one day to find my husband has thrown away everything I own.
I admit, I'm not as bad as some people. I don't keep margarine containers dating back to 1940. But I do keep a lot of other stuff we're not going to talk about right now. What's that saying? One person's trash is another person's treasure or something like that. Right.
Phone lines are open...

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

Have you heard of Flylady.net? I started on her system about a year and a half ago, and over all, it is helping me a lot, though I'm not really up to the full thing. If you're looking into it for the first time and decide to sign up, go for the digest emails, otherwise there are a LOT every day. She's on Twitter, too, but hasn't quite figured out how to use it to her advantage!

I definitely don't have a shoe fetish myself, but I have plenty of other stuff I have trouble getting rid of. And my hubby comes from a long line of hoarders. Good thing our house is small. Too bad we have forty acres!