Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Long Road Home

Sounds like a novel, doesn't it? In fact, I'm sure it probably is one. My life of late reads like a novel, hence the lack of posts. Due to the fact that there are only twenty-four hours in a day and I need to sleep for at least eight of them, I simply cannot be all things to all people. I don't even try. Shocking, I know.
I suppose the good news is there is light at the end of the dark, damp and musty tunnel we've been schlepping through for the better part of two years now. Our house is almost complete.
I say almost wIth a casual flick of my fingers. It's dismissive. Almost means nothing to me anymore.
A lot of things mean nothing to me anymore. But we won't go there.
I am looking forward to moving. I am looking forward to not having to answer a kajillion emails, phone calls and frantic questions that I don't know the answers to. I am looking forward to not getting blamed for things that are not my fault.
I am looking forward to getting my life back.
I wonder if I will know what to do with it when I do.
Ah yes, that thing called writing. That thing I used to do when I had hours to sit in front of a computer and my
brain actually functioned the way it was supposed to.
But don't feel sorry for me. When it's all over, I shall indeed have the house of my dreams. And it shall be spectacular. I know this, and I'm so grateful for the way God has blessed us with the ability to even have a house like this. We can't wait to use it for His glory. Is it wrong to wish the path had not been so difficult?
I don't know. But if I figure it out, I'll be sure to tell you.
And no, I haven't launched my new website yet. It's coming.
Eventually.
So how are you doing?

No comments: