Sunday, July 03, 2011

Another Happy Announcement!

I'm back from a wonderful vacation with my super awesome amazing family.
We really had a great time. St.Barth's is one of those magical places, almost as beautiful as Bermuda, and it was so nice to just get away, relax and do nothing but enjoy the sun, sea and each other's company.
While I was away I got an email from my agent.
It was a good one.

My publisher, OakTara has contracted my second novel, Hidden in the Heart! I don't have a release date or anything yet, so that will have to be posted later.
While I am of course, thrilled, I'm also a little overwhelmed and a bit scared.
It's a weird feeling to think about having a second book out there for the world to read.
I'm just getting used to the idea of the first one being published.
But there you have it. Book number two is in the works!
And no, sorry, it's not a sequel to Yesterday's Tomorrow. In fact, it's a very different book entirely. But I hope you will buy it anyway.
Just to whet your appetites, here's a brief blurb:

Hidden in the Heart - A Novel by Catherine West

After losing her mother to cancer and suffering a miscarriage soon after, Claire Ferguson numbs the pain with alcohol and pills and wonders if her own life is worth living.
Adopted at birth, Claire is convinced she has some unknown genetic flaw that may have been the cause of her miscarriage. She must find a way to deal with the guilt she harbors. But exoneration will come with a price.
With her marriage in trouble and her father refusing to answer any questions about her adoption, Claire begins the search for her birth mother. For the first time in her life, she really wants to know where she came from.
It never occurs to her that the woman who gave her life may not want to be found.


Thanks for letting me share my news! I hope to begin my regular blogging again this week.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations Catherine! This is fantastic news! And of course I'll buy it even though it isn't a sequel. It sounds amazing. I can hardly wait.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations!
(And I have a simliar announcement for Tuesday's post.)
Second book feels different, doesn't it?

Catherine West said...

Thanks Heather!
And congrats, Alex. Yes, it is weird but hopefully I know a lot more now about marketing etc...!

Dianne Peeler said...

I want to chant more more more!!!!!
You are a fabulous writer andI'm hooked... Congratulations Catherine!!!I will buy every book you write...

Carol J. Garvin said...

Exciting news! Congratulations! I've heard other writers say that the insecurity and worry doesn't end with the publication of a first book. There is always the concern that each successive book won't measure up to the first. I suspect that's what keeps writers struggling to produce the best writing they can, revising endlessly, whether it's a first or a fifteenth release. Hidden in the Heart sounds wonderful and I'm sure it will be every bit as good as Yesterday's Tomorrow.