Friday, December 08, 2006

Weird Weather...

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the weather is not behaving, well, normally?
Last night we were driving home from dinner and we were surrounded by lightening.
I've never seen anything like it here before. It lit up the whole sky.
Usually we get flash lightening, a flicker here and there.
But this was like some weird flourescent light, as though God was playing around
with the heavenly switch, turning it on and off, then on again.
Thunder and rain did not follow immediately, but they did make an appearance eventually.
And now it's pouring again.

I heard there was a Tornado that ripped through London, England yesterday.
How weird is that?
Makes me wonder why we're bothering to build a new home, really.
I think we might be headed off to our heavenly mansion sooner than we think!!
Of course my daughter liked that idea, saying,
"If Jesus is coming back soon, could He come get us before my IB exams?"
Yeah.

We don't know the day or the hour, and we're not supposed to,
but everything going on around us does give one oause to go
"Hmmm..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, the weather is wierd here as well....like you said, we had a tornado in London yesterday....and there are flowers blooming in the garden that should be sleeping....all very odd....by the way...your site has also gone a bit wacky.........everything is off kilter....maybe abother sign of the times, but it just makes it a bit hard to read!!

Catherine West said...

I think it's just because of the photo, Rebecca, it looks okay to me. The picture is just big.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! Thought I'd pop in and say hi. Hope your holidays are blessed in every way.

hugs,
Vicki

PS--About the site, your text is running into the left margin and the sidebar is all the way at the bottom. Maybe that picture was so big, it threw everything off kilter...especially as I view it through I.E. browswer.

Anonymous said...

Yes you are right there was a tornado in London last week - several houses are inhabitable after it.

it is bizzare!