Friday, January 25, 2008

Some Days Just Aren't Fun

I'm happy to report our dog is much better! She's on a special diet now, and a truckload of pills, but it seems to be working.
I know she won't be around forever, but it's good to know her demise isn't imminent.
And now, spoiler warning, the rest of this post is a rant. You have been warned.

I've been working away on my book this week. And I'm frustrated. Already.
I know. It was bound to happen, but I didn't think I'd hit a roadblock this soon.
To make matters worse, at the moment I'm feeling like a complete idiot because something I wrote
to an email loop was misconstrued. Now I've got a bunch of people thinking I've written a book the size
of The Bible, when EVERYBODY (except me apparently), knows that a full-length novel is supposed to be 100,000 words!
I KNOW THAT!!!!
Note to self: Don't ever send anything out to a general public loop before nine a.m.
I was only trying to be funny, but I guess it didn't quite hit the mark the way I intended.
I've been given the dunce cap. At least that's how it feels. If I get one more email gently instructing me to publishers guidelines I am going to scream.
But it just goes to show, again, how very, very careful you have to be when communicating on the Internet.
So I'm not having a fun day.
I hope I can get past these changes I have to make.
Maybe I just need to take a break and think about it some more. ]
Maybe I need chocolate. Red wine and roses would be nice too.
Valentine's Day is coming.
Ha. I made another joke.
Ok. I'm going to go find some way to turn my frown upside down.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you just need to be kind to yourself and remember that we're all flakes. God loves us and that's all that matters.

Michelle

Unknown said...

I'm a little late commenting (and catching up on my blog reading), but if it's any consolation, I understood your joke on the loop! I'm always a little afraid to post there because it's just amazing how simple little comments seem to take on a life of their own. Starting my own blog was really scary, but I think it's helping me get used to the idea of putting words out there that might (and probably will) be misinterpreted. I guess we have to develop thick skins about that if we are trying to become professional writers, but boy it's hard!