Monday, February 04, 2008

Ploughing Through...

Maybe for my American friends, that should be 'plowing' through! However, old habits die hard.
I'm making enough exceptions in my manuscript.
SO it's Monday. I am trying to post here on Mondays so that at least you will have something to read
if you happen to stop by.
Several updates - I'm almost finished my re-write. I'm very excited about it. Did I just say that? I meant,
I'm scared to death. But excited too. I think it finally hit me over the weekend that I will be stepping
over the threshold in my writing journey when send this manuscript out. It will be placed in the hands
of editors, who may like it or hate it or just not have a place for it.
This is it, folks. The end of the road. I've done the work. My best work, I hope. I've prayed over it, and I've seen
God answer prayers in some amazing ways over the course of writing this book.
So what do I do then? Do I panic and chew off my fingernails the minute I hit the send key?
Or do I simply sit back with a smile of satisfaction and say, "Show me the money!"
Um...no.
I may be doing a bit of chewing, but I'm also going to be doing a lot of praying.
As I keep saying, if I truly believe this is where God wants me, I'm going to have to trust HIm.
Waiting is hard, but I do have a few things to keep me busy!
And there's always another story to get started on.
I've been studying Proverbs lately, and I'd like to share a verse I've found particularly encouraging since
I started my re-write. I've had a few moments of despair, not knowing if the changes I'm making are going to work,
and I've been waking up and night thinking of new plot angles, and sometimes being assuaged by doubt.
But I know God is faithful. He has started a good work in me, and He will see it through to completion.
I pray His word encourages you today.

"...preserve sound judgment and discernment,
do not let them out of your sight;

22 they will be life for you,
an ornament to grace your neck.

23 Then you will go on your way in safety,
and your foot will not stumble;

24 when you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,

26 for the LORD will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being snared."

No comments: